Wednesday, June 10, 2009

'I'm gay' says 'Idol' runner-up Lambert

Source: News article from Agence France Presse, 10th June 2009

Make-up wearing "American Idol" star Adam Lambert has ended the guessing game over his sexual orientation by confirming he is gay in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine.

Glam-rocker Lambert, 27, who finished runner-up to clean-cut Kris Allen in the television singing contest last month, told Rolling Stone he had been living openly as a gay man for several years.

"I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear I'm gay," Lambert told Rolling Stone in its latest issue due on newstands Friday.

"I've been living in Los Angeles for eight years as a gay man. I've been at clubs drunk making out with somebody in the corner."
(Read more about this story here >> )

------------------------------------------

Mr.Keropok's Thoughts:

Pardon me for being "old-fashion" or "Sua Ku" (Mountain Tortoise), but I am totally shocked with this news!

I am no American Idol follower, but I do know that people like Adam Lambert and Kris Allen (the winner of American Idol this season) are of celebrity status having being seen on LIVE TV weeks after weeks leading to the finals!

And now with this breaking news, what kind of message is he sending to those around the world who looks up to him as a role model?

I respect Lambert as a person and for the success he has achieved - definitely he has put alot of hard work in. But I do disagree with his lifestyle of living and most definitely how he chooses to share about it so openly, especially now that he is a well known public figure with substantial influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment