Monday, June 1, 2009

Fear Factor - Flying Cockroach!!

COCKROACH - I am not afraid. But I'm also not so gungho as to go around whacking them with a newspaper roll. I will gladly step out of their way as they wriggle off into the dark corners.

FLYING COCKROACH!!! - And YES! Those are the ones that I'm really fearful of. Terrified. Traumatised. Freaked out. These are just some understatements which describes me when I see such aliens nearby - worse still, if they are in my house!

And guess what? Last night I encounter a big fat flying cockroach in my bedroom! I was happily lying on my bed reading when I heard a fluttering sound. I turned around and to my horror, I saw my nemesis creeping on top of my window curtains. From my observation, it measured about 5cm in length and 2cm in width! Before I knew it, the dreaded thing happened - It took off and starting flying around my room and decided to park itself behind my room door. (Phew! Thank goodness it didn't land on my bed! Else I would have slept in the living room!)

Back to my cockroach adventure.. Within a split second, I sprinted out my bedroom faster than Usain Bolt and looked for the infamous "Cockroach Killer" - My Mum.

"Aiyo.. Big man like you, so afraid of cockroach? Let me handle this."

Armed with a rolled newspaper in hand, she went into my bedroom. "PIAK!" One shot one kill and that ended my misery for the night. (That's my cool Mum)

I decided this morning to do some research on flying cockroaches and let me share with you one interesting post I found:
Quoted from Katherine's blog:

"Cockroach that can fly are actually pregnant. According to the a
documentary film, their ability to fly stem from a survival instincts to
protect their eggs while incubating. So its a natural progression of their
ability when a female cockroach gets pregnant.

So when you do see a flying cockroach, be sure to send it flying to heaven
before it spills its evil spawns out!!!

To totally eliminate their race, after killing the pregnant cockroach, use alcohol to burn it, so as to totally wipe out the eggs (remember the movie Aliens, where Sigourney Weaver burns the eggs??) thats the only way to
totally kill out these roaches

Do not, I repeat, do not attempt to flush the dead cockroach down the
toilet without burning it or totally squashing it! The eggs will still
hatch and climb out to spread their evil around and you'll have more to deal with in time.


Also, do not use insecticide on the pregnant cockroach cos it will only
help the eggs to develop resistance against the insecticide in future
."
My Goodness!!! It would really freak me out big time if a flying cockroach lands on my head next time! Argh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment